Today Zoe and Kenya had their first ride on a train!
It's so cool that dogs are allowed on the trains and buses and trams here! I love Berlin just for that!
It makes not having a car much easier. Yes, I finally gave up the car. So now I enjoy actually seeing Berlin while someone else has to worry about manuvering the city streets. Or I can see it on foot - the best way to explore.
Actually bikes are pretty cool too and there are bicycles all over this city. I even have a bicycle to use while I'm here. That'll be fun to figure out with Kenya and Zoe. I'm laughing just imagining it.
But it was so cute paying for the dog's bus ticket and to see their surprised reactions that they actually got to get on the bus and ride along with me. Just a cool experience. They are used to going lots of places with me but the bus is a first, so they were a little unsure but they are fast learners. I took lots of photos of the train ride in to work.
Getting lost will help you improve your language skills to some degree and it certainly was incentive for me to recall every word of German that I remotely remembered. The trick is to learn at least several key words related to your task or desire.
That's what I keep telling myself as I am finding myself trying to get back on my route almost daily.
I have to say that the weather is absolutely amazing! I thought LA had good weather. But this is beautiful. Bright blue skies with huge fluffy clouds rolling through which provide shade and breaks up the intensity of the sun. The many many trees are good for that as well.The breezes that develop into full fledged winds are also fun. There is quite a lot of green all around the city so we'll have to explore some of the parks and green areas.
I had heard that summer was great in Berlin and now I see for myself that was no exaggeration.
Much better than LA as there is NO smog! But there is a lot of cigarette smoke to deal with still. Those Europeans and their cigarettes. Yuck!
Right now I'm sitting in a cafe enjoying a GREAT cup of coffee as the dogs lie sleeping at my feet . I feel so European even though I'm NOT smoking! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment