Well, it's the first of August which means that July just ended and I'm going into month 2 here. It also means that shooting on the film starts in less than 2 weeks!
But I must do a little re-cap because I missed a few things along the way this month.
First of all, right smack in the middle of the month I had to fly back to Los Angeles for a few quick days. I won't get into all of that because that's a couple of entries by itself to tell that story. But I had to come right back less than a week later.
Anyway, the night before I left I got to go to my first Rock concert in a LONG time. This was a group that's been together most of my life although I was not aware of them until I started working for my boss.
They are a German band called Die Ärtze or "The Doctors" and they started out as a punk group. They still have some songs that fall under their punk roots but they are so much more than that.
So I went to this concert for the price of a donation to a well-deserving charity thanks to my boss having a friendship with the drummer. He took his almost 9 year-old daughter to her first concert.
But they are fun! The concert was outdoors and it had rained all week, including earlier that day, but not during the concert. I had heard several of their cds in the past several months so I did have a couple of songs that I knew and were hoping to hear. It was really amazing that it was completely in German but I had a lot of fun. They are really terrific musicians and they seem to really enjoy playing. The concert went for 3 hours including an encorre and I got to meet the drummer Bela B after the show.
It was a nice little set-up too. Everyone who had a backstage pass from the band, after the show got to go to this cool little tent that was all set up offering beer or water to the guests as we waited for the band member to scrub up after all that hard work! (Three hours performing, singing under hot lights, all us performers know how much sweat that could work up!)
Anyway, despite all of the cigarette smokers (*@!mf#@) I had a great time. I now have a very cool t-shirt to remember the show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment