Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Mission Begins


Yesterday the ship took off so to speak.
Montag, 11 August, was the first day of shooting. Spirits were high even though there were a couple of technical difficulties. I suppose that was bound to happen with all of the special effects, etc. After all it is a Sci-Fi film. But it was overall a good day.

I spent most of my time back and forth between the set and office making sure the dogs remained calm. As far as I can tell, they were good. Let's hope and pray that they continue to be relaxed and calm and quiet and non-destructive!!

One big difference already that I've noticed, and again it's food related!
You'd think that's all I care about, right? Well, I do like sleep. Oh, and reading....
I sound like the laziest person. LOL.

Anyway, there's a much slimmer chance of me gaining any weight on this shoot like I tend to on American shoots because the food is not as prevalent as on sets in the US.
There is food and the catered meals are good, believe me, they know how to enjoy a meal at mealtime. But craft service is the difference. Back home there is usually this spread as big as the lunch setting with chips, nuts, chocolate, bread, peanutbutter, jam, crackers, candy, coffee, tea, I mean, every snack food you can imagine!! And they keep it coming. That's what America does well. Snack foods. And they do the unhealthiest you could imagine! Yeah! In addition to the plethora of snacky stuff, they also will prepare little hot sandwiches to pass around at several times throughout the day. It's unbelievable -unglaublich.

But here you get a sandwich platter (I don't eat because of the meat and bread) a dessert platter (I don't eat because of the wheat and dairy) and a fruit/veggie platter. (Bingo! I can eat this.)
There are hot and cold drinks and that's considered craft service.
So, guess what I'm munching on as the day goes on? Carrots sticks, apples, pears and oranges. Only one choice left but I'm not complaining. I didn't come here to gain weight, so if it happens it won't be because of craft service. It would probably be those pfanküchen. :)

More on the shoot later.

No comments: