Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fun in the Pseudo-blizzard

Looks like I got my wish. For more snow!
It's been snowing all day today. It's still snowing as I write this at 7:45pm.
It snowed over top of the snow that was still on the ground from Sunday night so it has been a winter Wonderland all week!
In fact, I was singing "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" and "Frosty the Snowman" (both of which are relevant even after Christmas) the past few days.
And it is the perfect snow for making snowballs or for skiing if I was a skier. All I need is a sled, I have the dogs already!

It's been so much fun watching them play and leap in the snow!
I even had a snowball fight with a stranger. I've been trying to get my colleagues out of the office for an afternoon snowball fight but none of them have taken me up on it. But today a man of about 60 or so years started a little snowball fight/toss with me. That was SO much fun!

And the reason I call it a pseudo-blizzard is because there has been a wind blowing the snow - right into my face whatever direction I happen to be walking in.
Interesting.

So, I had a comment regarding a post or two. It seems that everyone is too shy to comment here, but I didn't mean to sound whiney or complaining if I did in the last couple of posts.

I actually think that I have a pretty dang good job. It's just a little tough to keep work life and personal life separated. Sometimes that's perfectly fine with me. Sometimes I really need the clear distinctions to even get anything done! Or to feel like I'm accomplishing things in either aspect.
But it's all good! Every day is a new adventure.

And even though I burned my bosses scarf today. Alles gut. Yes, you read correctly and of course it was an accident. It was hanging on the lamp when I turned it on not even looking up (the switch is on the floor) until Sebastian yelled that my scarf was on fire. Only it was Christian's scarf. oops! :(
Well, since today is a holiday called Weiberfastnacht (the Thur) before Carnival when traditionally one is supposed to cut their boss' tie and as my boss doesn't wear a tie, Gabriele & Sebastian said it was the perfect day to burn his scarf!
Oh, Germany! There's an excuse for all behaviour. You gotta love it! ;) And you gotta love that sense of humor.

So after just eating a lecker dinner of potato pancakes with soja yofu instead of sour cream and homemade apfelmus I'm full. And waiting for Marion to arrive for the weekend. She's driving through the snow to be out of Cologne for the big Carnival weekend. I've missed Oktoberfest & now I'm missing Carnival. But I burned my boss' scarf on Weiberfastnact so I will be able to say that I LIVED in Germany!

No comments: