Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Autumn in the city

I am trying to be conscious of taking time out of everyday to just breathe a little bit because things happen so fast that it can get unnerving. Some people like that hectic pace. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to sound like a complainer, but this shoot is quite different from others that I've done.
There is an unevenness to it that makes it a little more challenging for me.
But the one part of my job that makes me appreciate the time that I have here in Berlin is when I walk the dogs.
The great thing about Berlin is that there are so many 'green patches' in the city.
Parks and walking places everywhere! And people are using them. For biking, walking and walking their well-behaved dogs.
This city has some of the most well-trained dogs I've seen. Most walk off leash.
So, the one advantage of this location where we are about to wrap this film is there is such a walking place right next to our reactor.
So, I am the one person who can escape during the day and enjoy a nice walk in the Autumn day. There are leaves and trees all over and the dogs and I love it.
I have to admit it makes me really miss home, but I think more of my childhood and early adulthood living on the east coast. LA doesn't have fall weather that comes remotely close to what I'm appreciating right now.
Herbst is what it's called in German.
And with Halloween coming up next week, (and Valerie visiting me- Yippee!!) I'm looking forward to a little down time and soak up the fall weather.
It makes me want to eat pumpkin muffins, or pumpkin pie, and homemade applesauce.
I like the German word for that: It's apfelmus.
Well, this was a random ramble, but I wanted to highlight the things that are helping me enjoy my days lately.

I'm missing everyone terribly still and haven't properly had time to let the past few months of family loss sink in, but I'm anticipating that all happening very soon.
Like after wrap and when we move into the new office for editing.

So, I'll be counting down until December when I'm heading back to the US of A. And our new president, and hopefully the beginning of many new and wonderful things in this tumultuous time!

One day to go kiddos! That's today!!! (Hopefully we'll get it all. It's been a slow week)
hugs & ladybugs,
L

No comments: