Friday, October 3, 2008

Crossed the border




Friday 3rd October
I've managed to leave Deutschland for a quick holiday since the city was asleep on this National Holiday today. Which is what I should have been doing if I had any sense. But no, I'm a glutton for punishment and I had to take myself to Prague!!!
I just arrived today with a colleague who is Czech and offered to drive me and my pal Natalie.
Natalie arrived Wednesday in Berlin and we were able to very quickly put together a weekend girl's getaway to the Czech Repuclic capital. It's been quite the adventure already!!!
It's kinda funny how that happens.
The quick version is that Natalie's ATM card got eaten by a Czech Citibank ATM machine and her American Express card was giving her issues.
All I can say is I'm glad that I won the office Friday 5 Euro drawing yesterday cuz we still have to pay for our hotel!
Yeah, I won 365 Euros!!!! How crazy is that? Awesome.

Anyway, all we've really managed to do here in Prague is find a hotel, after getting blatantly stared at, watch a re-broadcast of the VP debate between Biden & Palin, have a 2 hour nap, get Natalie's card taken by the machine, walk around in the city center all before finding a restaurant (Argentinian Steak House) and finally find our way back to the hotel.
Whew! What a day.
Now it's Saturday, 5:27 in the am.
WEll, now after all of that adventure tomorrow the real sight-seeing will begin.

No comments: