Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Teaches of Peaches

I went to another concert a couple of nights ago. It was part of an Electronic Music Festival featuring Peaches.
She's a Canadian musician who lives here in Berlin and apparently many Germans love her.
It was actually a fun show. She started off with the theme from The A-Team playing. It was funny!
I liked a lot of the music even though at one point I was actually thinking, "I think the last time I listened to this type of music was at a random club when I was 18 and at VCU."
Even most of the clubs I'd been to over the years have not played close to this type of music. This is a particular style of Electronic music that one actually would associate with Germany. I suppose the stereotypical scenes from Saturday Night Live with Mike Myers were dead on because that's exactly what I thought of as I heard most of the songs. The group that I saw before Peaches was good too. They had a bit more funk in their music and if I find out their name I'll tell ya. Gold something or something-Gold...

Anyway, it was cool. I love the whole attitude Peaches has. She is quite unique and she seems happy in her uniqueness. She said "2 guys for every girl!" Apparently that's a theme of hers. And sang in one song "Shake your tits, shake your dicks." I know, I know. You had to be there though. I just like people who are free to be themselves! It was all in good fun except for the silly little kids who were trying to turn the concert floor into a mosh pit! That I didn't appreciate. I was having enough trouble seeing over all those damn tall Germans again! I have a lot of observations to file away for future character studies. That is if work EVER comes back to LA. I heard just today that SAG has decided to go on strike! Man, that freakin' sucks!!

By the way, ever heard of something called "Post Secret?"
This guy in Maryland actually has managed to get people to write him postcards with secrets that they've never told anyone.
Wow! I wonder how that feels? Writing something that you've never told anyone in your life, and you spill the beans on a POSTCARD that every mail employee that comes in contact with can read, and you're sending it to a complete stranger.
I suppose that would be the way to do it. I feel a little bit like that myself writing this here blog. With differences of course, but it seems odd to share so much and I have no real clue who's reading this unless you tell me. Humm...

I wonder if anyone has admitted to any crimes on those cards. He could help solve the case!
I have a case you can help me solve: Why are men from a different planet? Hit me up and we'll talk. I'll give you the details personally if you wanna know and you tell me your counseling fee!

No comments: