Today I walked home in the snow with the dogs.
It's a nice pretty snow too. the kind that makes hard slush when you drive on it.
What a great little evening trek that was. Walking down the covered city streets that are coming back to normal after the holidays. Even though I'm fasting right now, Day 6 is just beginning and I'm doing ok. Although when I woke up this morning I needed a couple of apple slices to get going. I felt like someone might have to peel me out of bed, I was quite light-headed starting out.
Anyway, walking past (and into one) so many restaurants with such good food was not as tough at I would have imagined. It was something else. Yesterday I was almost obsessed with food and the fact that I wasn't eating it. Today I actually didn't want it - for the most part. I really felt like I had to eat the apples and if I didn't feel better I was going to break the fast, but I really didn't want to. I want to make it the full 7 days.
So, even though it's full on winter outside and the typical response to that is to want to lie around snuggled inside watching a movie and eating, I really appreciated being out and about walking in the snow looking into those cozy little places.
Just wait until next week when I'll be cozied up into one with a nice hot glass of something!
Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment