So, these are more little things that make life interesting in a different country & culture. This is something else that I've been meaning to write about at some point -
I don't know what size underwear to buy! It sounds silly, i know, but it's a crap shoot!
I lucked out the first time - barely. See, ALL of the clothes have different sizes here. And although some items have tags that list the different sizes in different countries, not all do and they don't seem to be uniform.
For instance, I bought a bra and according to the little tag on it, I am a 90B which would be the same thing as a 34B in the US.
But the bra could be a little looser. And the thing is, the next available size that I would go to I believe would be the 85B. A smaller number. Not like in the US where the number gets bigger the bigger size your bosom!
And shoes. Of course I've already had this experience a few years ago buying shoes in London, but that's a little easier to figure out than the bras and even some shirts and pants. In shoes I'm a 37 or 38.
So, sad to say, I haven't done a lot of clothes shopping.
Since I don't have nearly as much free time or money as I'd like and also I'm taking in as much culture/traveling/sightseeing as I can, that's where my extra money has been going.
But when I do venture into a clothing department, it's a bit of a guessing game! But saying "I'm a 90B" sounds quite impressive!
I'd just say that adds to the excitement of everyday life!
xo,
L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment